For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website haslots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
Visit to Broadgate Farm, 3-10 Sept 2020 Our booking was made at the beginning of lockdown (grrrrr.......) and was very much something to look forward to in the face of so much doom and gloom. ... read moreF7571SVjudiths13/09/20
Foldyard -a great place to stay A spacious, well equipped, comfortable ground floor barn conversion with the surprise bonus of its own walled garden where the dog and crawling baby could make the most of... read moremrsmdp10/09/20
Superb 5* accommodation with a real wow factor We were two households, ranging from 7 months to almost 83 years. We enjoyed a much needed, post-Covid lockdown five night break in Cart House 4 which meant we were... read moreAJM_300906/09/20
Wonderful stay in Foldyard Cottage We had a lovely one week stay in the farm. Our cottage had everything we could ask for, the beds are very comfortable and the atmosphere of the cottage is... read moreExpedition3950304/09/20
Granary cottage delight I booked this for my son, his wife and their new born baby as a little post lockdown break. They were joined by their friends who also have a small... read moreE4799RQsarahl02/09/20
Perfect Stay We stayed in Forge Cottage and every things was perfect.
The locations was excellent. Our cottage was in immaculate condition with all details taken care o. We... read moresitemember28/08/20
Forge cottage We loved our week here. The Forge is detached and everything was so comfortable and clean. Our grand-daughter’s cot was assembled and ready for her - bring own cot bedding.... read moreSusie776128/08/20
Absolutely beautiful setting Stunning cottages and a lovely warm welcome from Elaine. So peaceful and the setting is idyllic with countryside views. We stayed in The Stables cottage for two adults and our... read moremrsmawbey23/08/20
Wonderful Stay in The Cart House We had a lovely few days away after lockdown and stayed in The Cart House. This was a large open plan cottage with plenty of room for everyone to space... read moreTheBuzzards15/08/20
Wonderful staycation! We usually go abroad for all of our holidays but due to the current situation we managed to get a 6 day booking at Broadgate Farm Cottages and took our... read moreWillGlasgowXX11/08/20
Fantastic get away Really enjoyed our stay at the Cart House, Broadgate Farm Cottages. The cottage was of a really high standard and had everything we could want. The cottage was spotless and... read moreKaren T.10/08/20
Un séjour charmant Ma femme et moi avons passé quelques jours très agréables au Cart House Cottage.
Tout proche de Beverley et très près de la côte et de Hull, Broadgate Farm Cottages... read more194thierrys05/08/20