For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website haslots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
Staying nearby family for Christmas 2019 We stayed at The Forge for Christmas week, near our daughter and family. The cottage was warm (underfloor heating), welcoming (quality hamper with delicious products)and had a perfect secure, well... read moreclaremb5931/12/19
Family Christmas I booked Broadgate Farm Cottages as they could accommodate 10 people with the right bedroom layout for us.It worked out perfectly having two cottages with an adjoining door. Cooking Christmas... read moreMichelleW490830/12/19
Fabulous Cottages, cannot recommend enough! we stayed at Broadgate farm Cottages (High Barn, and The Cart House 4 Bed) for a Hen Do with 21 guests earlier this year and were so impressed we... read moreKatyC198527/12/19
Two month stay We stayed in three different cottages during a protracted house purchase. The foldyard is disability friendly with a lovely walled garden. The granary is a larger cottage and... read moreJanw33121/12/19
Beautiful cottages Stayed at Cart House for early family Christmas break. Standard of accommodation very high and delighted with the lovely Christmas decorations. Would highly recommend and a strong chance that will... read more781mookey15/12/19
Annual Christmas weekend The previous reviewers have said it all - the Carthouse is a wonderful place to stay, top class accommodation with four lovely bedrooms and bathrooms, so comfortable and well equipped.... read moresuek78315/12/19
Perfect for Hen Do We stayed last weekend for my sisters hen do in High Barn, Granary, and Cart House. We used the cart house as our main cottage as it has an amazing... read moreJessyStrakes26/11/19
16 ladies stayed at Broadgate Farm Cottages I dont normally write reviews but felt I had to after staying at Broadgate Farm Cottages with 15 friends. We stayed in the High Barn and the Granary which... read moreDiane R.13/11/19
Mini break with the mini people We stayed in The Forge, very spacious rooms, great facilities and a view of the piggery which was highly amusing to our 3 year old. Open fires and beautiful beams... read moreJoda198828/10/19
Definitely gold standard Stayed for a second time in the Stables as we like all ground floor accommodation. All furnishings were of a high standard, especially the bed! Very comfortable. ... read moreIan B.22/10/19
Idilycc What a beautiful place stayed there last week for a long weekend,so warm and cosy exceptionally clean, and everything you needed in this well equipped cottage.elaine the owner was very... read moreSue F.09/10/19
Outstanding An absolute joy to stay here
I feel a great sense of comfort and ease here it really takes all the stresses of your day away so you can relax and... read moreWulyfalcon03/10/19
Yorkshire's very best Broadgate Farm Cottages are almost unbelievable. A group of eight of us, four couples travelled up from the London area for a weeks stay and were immediately blown away by... read moreTrevor S.01/10/19
Stunning conversion of an old Granary This proved to be a great base for exploring Beverley, Hull, the Yorkshire coastline and the Yorkshire Wolds.The quality of the conversion is of the highest standard; it is also... read moreDavid T.30/09/19
Beautiful Cottage Stayed in the Barn House. It was perfect for our girly getaway. High quality accommodation in a lovely setting. Local village has three good pubs and two of them do... read moregailtinker22/09/19