For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website haslots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
Mini break with the mini people We stayed in The Forge, very spacious rooms, great facilities and a view of the piggery which was highly amusing to our 3 year old. Open fires and beautiful beams... read moreJoda198828/10/19
Definitely gold standard Stayed for a second time in the Stables as we like all ground floor accommodation. All furnishings were of a high standard, especially the bed! Very comfortable. ... read moreIan B.22/10/19
Idilycc What a beautiful place stayed there last week for a long weekend,so warm and cosy exceptionally clean, and everything you needed in this well equipped cottage.elaine the owner was very... read moreSue F.09/10/19
Outstanding An absolute joy to stay here
I feel a great sense of comfort and ease here it really takes all the stresses of your day away so you can relax and... read moreWulyfalcon03/10/19
Yorkshire's very best Broadgate Farm Cottages are almost unbelievable. A group of eight of us, four couples travelled up from the London area for a weeks stay and were immediately blown away by... read moreTrevor S.01/10/19
Stunning conversion of an old Granary This proved to be a great base for exploring Beverley, Hull, the Yorkshire coastline and the Yorkshire Wolds.The quality of the conversion is of the highest standard; it is also... read moreDavid T.30/09/19
Beautiful Cottage Stayed in the Barn House. It was perfect for our girly getaway. High quality accommodation in a lovely setting. Local village has three good pubs and two of them do... read moregailtinker22/09/19
Perfect! We booked the Granary for our stay and it was a perfect choice. Four adults and our one year old grandson for four nights. Shortly after our arrival... read moreGillybean519/09/19
Fantastic Accommodation Can only add to the overwhelmingly positive reviews. Loved our few days here with our dog. Beautifully renovated properties in a lovely setting. Very comfortable and homely - beer, biscuits... read moreAlisaurus201209/09/19
Five star reviews are justified Very comfortable and well appointed cottage under the personal control of the owners. Furniture and fittings are all top notch and the location is perfect for exploring the beautiful countryside... read moreandrewandalyson30/08/19
Brilliant support for disability needs Our family, includes my very disabled husband( locked-in syndrome) and a carer, as well as myself, grown up children and partners, a friend and A dog.
It is really difficult finding... read morePfallott28/08/19
Stunning Country Retreat This was our first time visiting the area and staying at Broadgate Farm. We were a family party of 7 ranging in age from 4 - 93 years, with one... read moreAggiegranny18/08/19
Lovely week in East Yorkshire We loved staying at Broadgate Farm in The Stables cottage. It was so comfortable and well equipped in a lovely location. An ideal base for nearby Beverley which has some... read moreDianneE111210/08/19
Excellent cottage We stayed in the 4 bedroom Cart House for a week. This cottage is ideal for a large family gathering. The layout is open plan with plenty of room. Nice... read moreJollyhols201307/08/19
Gorgeous family retreat We stayed for three nights in the Courtyard cottage. Everything was of a high standard, clean and spacious. The family suite worked perfectly for the four of us (one child... read more4578ffjxsj04/08/19