For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website has lots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
A piece of heaven This is our second time of staying at Broadgate Farm Cottages, the first time we stayed in Foldyard, this time we stayed in Cart House 2, the images on the... read moreAlL92305/09/21
very accommodating and beautiful place A group of 17 of us stayed in the high barn and forge during the weekend of my wedding. The staff couldn't be more accommodating and very welcoming. It was... read more938michaelak30/08/21
Absolutely wonderful accommodation in a great location! We stayed in Carthouse2 during August. Information from the hosts in the weeks leading up to our stay was all one could hope for. On arrival we were greeted shortly... read morevincenth195922/08/21
Extended Family Stay Wonderful accommodation providing plenty of space both indoors and outdoors in a practical location. The cottages were very spacious and well equipped with plenty of car parking. We stayed as... read moreadrianwG9245IX17/08/21
Excellent cottage and setting A fantastic set up with a number of cottages available. We had a three bedroom place suitable for six. Spacious cottage with a large dining/living room. Three fair sized... read morerejm6813/08/21
family birthday celebration A family escape to the country, wonderful surroundings, luxury accommodation and
Ideal for visiting the Yorkshire coast and surrounding market towns. Beverley race coarse and the surrounding Yorkshire Wolds.
Happy... read morejimmycrickit30/07/21
Wonderful mini-break Visited for a 'recce' as have family member with dementia and mobility issues. It was a wonderful break! Accomodation was excellent - very clean and high quality. ... read moresusansV8038OC21/07/21
Beautiful place, 100% recommend We booked 3 cottages for birthday celebrations. The location is beautiful with nice walks for dogs and local pubs. The gardens are ideal for outside parties and Elaine was more... read more753jadew20/07/21
30th birthday Had the granary.barn and foldyard cottages for the weekend .had the best time. The cottages are beautiful like home from home. Also in beautiful ... read moredbennett73919/07/21
Absolutely fantastic From arrival to departure we had a fantastic time at Broadgate Farm . We stayed for three nights in the Forge and must say it was the best accommodation we... read moregarethhQ6973AF15/07/21
Superb cottage and location We stayed in Courtyard cottage which was fabulously furnished; a hugh living area with 3 large leather sofas, dining table and high specification kitchen. The 2 en-suite bedrooms were... read moreFergie7414/07/21
A beautiful location for visiting the East Riding of Yorkshire The cottage was of the highest standard and provided us with an ideal base for visiting the East Riding and the Yorkshire Coast for the two of us and our... read moreA6740IRnigelw12/07/21