For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website haslots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
A relaxing break We had a lovely stay in the Stables with our young Cocker Spaniel. This was our first holiday in a cottage and our first holiday with a dog so it... read moreGILLChesterfield26/10/20
Very comfortable and well equipped 4 night stay in delightful cottage Situated just two miles away from the beautiful town of Beverley the Cart House is a very spacious holiday cottage overlooking sheep grazing in the fields. The cottage is well... read moreParadise24371212/10/20
Wonderful stay Booked a last minute stay in the Barn house and loved it that much we extended our stay and stayed the 2nd half in the Foldyard cottage. Both cottages were... read moreKKirkup87111/10/20
Very high quality with a personal touch Our stay for nearly two weeks in "Courtyard" met all our expectations. Very warm all the time and very comfortable. Everything, one feels, has been designed and everything is of... read morePeter N.06/10/20
Fantastic romantic birthday treat! Stunning cottage in an absolutely lovely setting, well equipped, clean and nicely furnished.
I never realised watching pigs play could be so therapeutic- I now want some pigs. The views from... read moreangibobs30/09/20
Absolutely stunning! Superb 5* accommodation with a real wow factor.
We were looking for escapism and we found an amazing hideaway!
Superb location and loved watching the sheep grazing in the surrounding fields.... read moreHelen B.30/09/20
Weekend stay with friends What a lovely little find! we stayed here for two nights as a group of five and loved every minute. Commuted two and a half hours to the cottage and... read moreJ9682TZvickyb17/09/20
Delightful, cannot fail to impress Really looked forward to our four night break during this strange time we are all living in. On driving into the farm the entrance was well kept and the cottages... read morekatiefrombolton15/09/20
Visit to Broadgate Farm, 3-10 Sept 2020 Our booking was made at the beginning of lockdown (grrrrr.......) and was very much something to look forward to in the face of so much doom and gloom. ... read moreF7571SVjudiths13/09/20
Foldyard -a great place to stay A spacious, well equipped, comfortable ground floor barn conversion with the surprise bonus of its own walled garden where the dog and crawling baby could make the most of... read moremrsmdp10/09/20
Superb 5* accommodation with a real wow factor We were two households, ranging from 7 months to almost 83 years. We enjoyed a much needed, post-Covid lockdown five night break in Cart House 4 which meant we were... read moreAJM_300906/09/20
Wonderful stay in Foldyard Cottage We had a lovely one week stay in the farm. Our cottage had everything we could ask for, the beds are very comfortable and the atmosphere of the cottage is... read moreExpedition3950304/09/20