For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website haslots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
Fourth Time, lovely place to stay We visit family in Beverley every year and have now found the best place to stay. It’s a real pleasure to arrive at the Forge and immediately feel at... read morecarolineW3303/07/19
Beautiful cottages in a beautiful location We hired 4 cottages for family to stay in during a family wedding and they were perfect! The location was perfect, English countryside and felt very safe to have kids... read moreKkaur190530/06/19
Idyllic location certainly not a place to be missed If you are looking for an idyllic location to stay in a place close to other easily accessible areas then this is the place. We stayed for 5 nights... read moreKaren R.24/06/19
Foldyard Cottage Very easy to book the cottages online with communication and instructions from Elaine the owner very good.We stayed in the Foldyard cottage which was well equipped.lovely and clean we could... read moreDABJILL16/06/19
Perfect We stayed with a group of friends in the Cart House and Stables. Both properties were absolutely fantastic. Plenty of space, spotlessly clean and equipped to a very... read moreSarbel_13509/06/19
Ideal family accommodation This was our 2nd visit to Broadgate Farm, this time we stayed in the cart house which was very well equipped just as the high barn was last year. The... read moreMrsgoggins1403/06/19
Perfect, just perfect We hired both High Barn and Foldyard which, used together enabled our family of 12 (13 including the dog) to have our annual holiday together. It’s never easy to... read moreJulia M.03/06/19
Fantastic Holiday We stayed in lovely Foldyard a 2 bedroom Barn, it was very cosy with a lovely friendly atmosphere. The furnishings were all to a very high standard and really clean.... read moreAmanda J.29/05/19
An excellent place to stay with friends. We hired four of the cottages for 3 nights to accommodate guests at my son's wedding. The facilities were superb, everybody was thrilled with their cottage. They were... read morePathfinder55120223/05/19
Gorgeous Cottage, perfect for a mini break The cottage was a brilliant place for me and my family to have a mini break at the end of the bank holiday. It was a very comfortable, relaxing cottage,... read moreCodl3029/04/19
What a treat! Accommodation in this part of the world was limited for the dates we wanted so we treated ourselves to a short break in the Cart House. Could have moved in!... read morewowfactor23/04/19
The perfect location for a retreat These cottages are beautiful. The attention to detail and consideration loving put into each individual cottage is outstanding. Everything is of high quality and there is nothing that has... read moreMariaChi-Ki21/04/19
Diamond Wedding celebration weekend From our arrival on Friday evening to our leaving on Monday morning everything was perfect. Our family had two cottages, the large Cart House with 4 bedrooms and The... read moreCarolLRhodes19/04/19
Beautiful cottages in a beautiful location We arrived at Broadgate Farm later than planned due to bad traffic, however on arrival we found the 'The Stables' straight away and were able to access the property without... read moreAbby R.11/04/19
Amazing Cottage We stayed as part of a large group for mum and dad’s 60th wedding anniversary. There was plenty of room for all of our large group ranging from 4... read moreRichard C.11/04/19