For Free in East Yorkshire
Stay with us in East Yorkshire and see what you can do for FREE!
Free activities are always helpful on a family holiday - it helps make your holiday budget go that little bit further. Here are our suggestions....
- Visit Hull's Museum Quarter - free entry to 3 great museums. Streetlife museum, Hull & East Riding museum and Wilberforce House or a visit to Feren's Art Gallery in Hull
- A picnic lunch at the seaside on the beach - Hornsea, Fraisthorpe or Bridlington
- Follow the Beverley Town Trail and discover what life was like in medieval Beverley - you can walk into Beverley and stop off for a picnic on the Westwood.
- An afternoon at the playground in Walkington Village or kite flying on a breezy day on Beverley Westwood - a large recreation area just over ½ mile from the cottages
- A trip to the National railway Museum at York or the Royal Armories in Leeds, both free entry.
- A cycle ride around the Yorkshire Wolds - maps of several routes available in your cottage
- A walk - from the cottage you can stroll down onto the Westwood or take a longer 8 or 20 km walk from the door
- Picnic at the Humber Bridge Country Park Local Nature Reserve, a haven for people and wildlife set amongst woods, meadows and ponds.
- A walk around Hull Old Town following the Fish Trail a 2 mile walk, the trail leaflet is free of charge and, if you complete the trail, you can receive a free certificate from Hull Tourist Information Centre. Stop off at the Hand's on History museum in Hull
- An afternoon rock pooling at Flamborough - always great fun or a visit to our local wildlife reserves
At Broadgate Farm you can stay in one of our lovely farm cottages, enjoy the views across the fields and the animals yet still have the amenities of Beverley only two miles away. Our website haslots of information on what there is to do in East Yorkshire so you can plan your visit before you arrive, in the cottage you will find a specially produced guide to the area and plenty of tourist information. With cottages of varying sizes from 2 to 6 bedrooms - whatever the size of your group we should have something to suit.
We are happy to be flexible and you do not have to book a full week - short break rates are available all year round. Broadgate Farm Cottages have an arrive any day policy so we can be flexible to suit your needs rather than expecting you to fit in with set changeover days.
Amazing place Loved our stay and will be staying again. 👌👍so clean and cottage was very spacious. Perfext for our dog too. Owner came and introduced her self which i thought was... read morerhysp63607/06/21
70th Birthday treat for my poorly mum. Thank you to Elaine and her full team at Broad Gate Farm who seemed to pitch every thing just right for us. .
Nothing could have been better other... read moreFlisdie05/06/21
Highly highly recommended Stayed here with my husband and two young children for a 4 night break. Absolutely fantastic. Beautiful property, exceptionally clean and well maintained. Great location, children loved... read morecw3004/06/21
short break Just wish to say,on behalf of my wife and myself,we just cannot imagine a better or more perfect place to stay and relax. We have stayed here previously and will... read moretonywX3681WV03/06/21
Absolutely beautiful home from home. We stayed in Foldgate - beautifully curated home with everything you need . The houses have been created by the present owners from old... read morelizFLogan02/06/21
Another Wonderful Stay A return to the idyllic cottages at Broadgate Farm did not disappoint. The cottage was immaculate, with all our needs catered (and prepared in line with COVID guidelines).
The cottages are... read morehelenwN7868XN02/06/21
The Stables I can only really echo the other rave reviews on here. We had a lovely stay here last week. Everything was faultless. The information provided beforehand on the local... read moreSwainy7831/05/21
The Courtyard The Courtyard is lovely - comfortable and well equipped and all on one level so perfect for my elderly mother in law who has limited mobility. Very peaceful location but... read more770christinet24/05/21
Wonderful Cottage The Barn self catering Having lost my husband ,my brother in law and cousin last year 2020 I have been longing for a break to get away from it all and this was the... read morehilary w.19/05/21
Lovely stay in my old home town We stayed in Cart House in early May 2021. The accommodation was beautiful; very spacious, spotless and really well equipped. Everything had been thought of and we were made to... read morefcb0113/05/21
Perfect in every way We stayed in the Forge with our two daughters and Labradors. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. With lockdown and the unfortunate weather we had, we... read moreElizabeth T.11/05/21
Beautiful cottages and surroundings for a family trip. We stayed in the Cart House for a short family break, with two young children. The cottage itself is beautiful, spacious, finished to a high standard and clean. The host... read morechrislX7765LR08/05/21