- You will always get the best price for the cottage if you book direct
- We do not change you a booking fee
- All our card payments are handled securely through Sagepay
- You can also pay by internet banking if you wish
- You can protect your booking with Booking Protect for an additional fee
Our cottages are available to book through other websites like Homeaway, Owners Direct and Holiday Lettings. We pay a commission or fee to these websites but they also levy a charge on the guest booking the stay. This sometimes is not very clear in the quote their system generates.
Recently Holiday Lettings have increased their guest booking fee and it can now be up to 15% on top of the actual cost (ranges 5-15%).
Homeaway & Owners Direct introduced a guest booking fee in June 2016 of between 4-8%.
Book direct and you will save these booking fees, we have a secure online booking system and we can take payments either on-line or over the phone if you prefer.
Other advantages of booking directly on our website include
- We always advertise our special offers on this website and our system will present you with the best rate for the dates.
- If we have any general offers available they will listed on our Offers page
- Our website can show you prices for any length of stay, many 3rd party websites will only allow us to enter prices for 3 nights or weeks. If you are looking for a 4 or 5 night stay the 3rd party websites will just give you an estimate and it can be quite a bit more than the actual price.