1 We, Broadgate Farm Ltd (trading as Broadgate Farm Cottages) are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to improve our service and provide a more personalised experience. By sending your details to us, you acknowledge that you have read the following and agree that Broadgate Farm Ltd may use information supplied by you for general administrative, marketing and operational purposes.
2. Broadgate Farm Ltd will use any personal information collected from this website (www.broadgatefarmcottages.co.uk) in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation which comes into effect May 2018. Further details can be found at the web site for The Office of the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk/). Broadgate Farm Ltd has taken, and will continue to take, appropriate measures to keep secure any personal information given by users of this site.
3. Although we take appropriate measures to ensure the security of information in our possession, you acknowledge that the Internet is an open network and the transmission of information over the Internet is not controlled by Broadgate Farm Ltd. You have certain rights under applicable law including the right to access or correct information. You acknowledge that information given by you is supplied voluntarily.
4. We use other companies to process information for us, they have access to more secure servers and systems and are experts in their fields.
4.1 We use an external booking engine Supercontrol to ensure the security of your information throughout the booking process, all payment information is input on their secure system using Sagepay.
4.5 We use Google Analytics and other monitoring software on our site to help us understand how poeple use thge website, identify problems in using the website and generally improve how the website works. These types of technologies also allow the proprietor of the technology e.g.Google to also access your information, we have no control over how your information is processed by third parties such as Google. Please read the privacy policies of the provider to understand how your information may be used by these third parties.
5. What information do we collect or process and why?
5.1 Your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details when you make a booking on our booking engine run on our behalf by Supercontrol.
5.2 Your name, address, telephone number, email address when you complete our online contact form or send us an enquiry by other means.
5.3 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
5.4 We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
5.3 Users' IP address, which is automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are used to observe users' interest in this web site (number of visits, pages visited etc.).
5.4 information collected by technology such as Google Analytics and other technology such as cookies (please see "IP addresses and cookies" below for more information)
5.5 Your name, email address and any specific interests notified for the purpose of marketing.
6 IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
7 Retention & Deletion
7.1 We retain information from bookings or enquiries unless you ask us to delete the information. If you have signed up to receive our newsletter / requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request to be removed / deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, we delete or anonymise your information upon request.
7.2 Subject to applicable law, we may retain information after account deletion eg If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding invoice on your account, we may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or if we are required to by law.
9 Security and Control of Data
9.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our & our suppliers secure servers
9.2 Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information whether collected by us or on our own, or by our suppliers, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
10. Broadgate Farm Ltd will not disclose any personal information to third parties other than our processing partners, or use the information in any other way without prior consent. We do not disclose personal information about individuals to advertisers or sell your information to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
11. We use information held about you in the following ways:
11.1 to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
11.2 to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
11.3 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
11.4 to notify you about changes to our service;
12. Sharing your information
12.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties if Broadgate Farm Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
12.2 Your information is shared with our processing partners purely for the purpose of fulfilling their contract with Broadgate Farm Ltd
12.3 We are a member of Premier Cottages, a professional collective of independant luxury cottage owners. Premier Cottages promotes properties on our behalf as well as other luxuru cottages, As members of Premier Cottages we would like to give themyour information so that they can contact you about other quality properties you might like. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time.
13. Your rights
13.1 You have the right to access your information held by Broadgate Farm Ltd and where necessary, to have it amended or deleted.
13.3 If you wish to opt-out of email notifications and communications you can use the unsubscribe link in any marketing email sent to you or contact us and we will ensure you do not receive any more communications.
14. Links to other web sites - This web site contains links to other sites which are completely unrelated to Broadgate Farm Ltd. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites nor are Broadgate Farm Ltd responsible for the content and practices of these web sites.
Updated November 2018