For some guests holidaying without their pet is unthinkable and all our cottages are dog friendly. We like to keep our cottages in tip top condition so we ask that you only bring fully house trained and well behaved pets with you and that you pay a small additional fee. It is very rare that we have a problem but in the unlikely event of any damage I am sure that you understand that this must be paid for.
You are welcome to bring up to 2 small/medium sized well behaved dogs to stay at a charge of £25 per booking in most of the cottages but this does increase to £40 for the High Barn and Cart House. If you are booking multiple cottages you will have to pay the fee for each cottage that the dogs will visit. There is a strict maxiumum of 2 dogs per booking even if you book multiple cottages.
If you do not holiday with a pet all the cottages have an extra clean after doggy pets, you should see no signs of previous pet guests.
Coco - our terrier has a few words of advice for doggy guests
- We live on a farm with animals roaming so best to stay on your lead and don't whatever you do chase the chickens - it can be tempting but Mum and Dad don't like it!
- We are not allowed in the bedrooms or bathrooms, they have these stairgate things that can be put on the stairs to stop us scampering up.
- Please bring your own bed because the sofa's are for humans only! cheek of it! Still the floors are nice because they are heated.
- I'm sure your owner is trained to pick up after you, it is important because we have children playing in the gardens.
- If you need to stay in the cottage on your own you will need to bring one of those dog crates with you - or if like me you prefer to live outdoors there is a spare kennel for you to use. My owner Lauren is sometimes available for pet sitting and some dogs have gone to a dog walking/care service in Beverley - please see their website http://www.whiskersanimalhotel.net/dog-and-cat-services.html or http://www.wagtailscanineservices.co.uk/boarding.html You do have to book well ahead for these services.
There are plenty of options for walking your dogs with public footpaths and we are very close to the lovely Beverley Westwood which is perfect for walking the dog. We are very close to Bishop Burton College for those attending the Canine Behaviour Degree.